Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the book of Splenda.
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and roughly grated
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, pour 1/2 cup boiling water on the raisins. Let rest 5 minutes, drain and put in a medium bowl. Add carrots and celery.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients and pour on the carrots. Serve immediately at room temperature or put in the fridge.
Enjoyed this tasty carrot salad! It was different for me with the celery and orange juice (I'm used to pineapple being in there) but it was a nice change. I liked the method of soaking the raisins to make them plump and tender in the salad. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
I love carrot and raisin salad and this was no exception. I've not used celery before and, for me, it neither added nor detracted anything from the basic salad. The thing that really added a new dimension was the orange and lemon juices. I simply loved that addition, it brightened and old favorite and made it new again.
A delicious and tasty salad. I didn't have any Splenda so used 1 tblsp of sugar instead. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap November 2011.