Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is wonderful with just about anything. You can substitute light mayo and light sour cream for the regular. I have even used Splenda for the sugar.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce (can add more to taste)
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesshredded coleslaw mix
- Stir together first 1o ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add coleslaw mix, tossing well to coat.
- Cover and chill 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
I cut the recipe in half since it's just the two of us. This tastes best made the day before. The only change I made was to add a small amount of sweet pickle relish and sometimes I add onion diced very small. DH asks for this all the time, and lucky for him(just kidding), it's easy!!
I followed the directions exactly, except I halved the recipe. This makes a very nice, creamy coleslaw. I think next time I may add just a little more of the vinegar (personal taste), but all in all, we enjoyed this very much. Thanks for sharing, FloridaGrl.
Great flavor! The longer it chills, the better it is! I used a little extra sour cream to make it a bit more moist. I'll be taking this to a picnic later this summer. Thanx for sharing!