Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For RSC. If you don't have access to a grill, broil the chicken. Prep time does not include marinatinng chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups diced papayas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup sour cream (or more)
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fresh ginger
- In a plastic or glass container, marinate chicken in the rum, lime juice, orange juice, sugar and cilantro. Chill/marinate for at least 6 hours Turn once halway through).
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard the marinade) and grill for about 6-8 minutes, (turning halfway through) or until done. If grilling is not possible, use your broiler.
- Allow chicken to cool completely and then dice chicken small.
- Place cooled, diced chicken in a mixing bowl. Add papaya, onion, coconut, raisins, sour cream, tarragon, pepper, salt and ginger. Toss well to evenly coat/mix.
- Chill or serve immediately.
A GREAT chicken salad! And I was surprised at how absolutely beautifully this comes together. I marinated the chicken overnite, then grilled it. I followed directions and then did chill the salad for a couple of hours. I let sit out a bit so that it was not cold when served--served it over greens. Wonderful! I will surely make this again!
I started this on a day our plans changed so I ended up marinating the chicken overnight. As I was cutting into the papaya I had a rotten fruit, so I ended up subbing mangos. The salad mixture was good, but I felt it was calling for something crunchy after tasting it. I added slivered almonds and chopped celery. I also ended up adding a bit of curry powder to the dressing to provide a spark. I served this on shredded lettuce and with crackers. Since I made so many changes I don't feel it would be fair to rate your recipe. I liked your idea and use of the required ingredients and hope to try your version soon. Good luck in the contest!!!