Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
oh so delish!
Make and share this Creamy Caribbean Chicken & Coconut Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -8 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chile
- 6 ounces cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 900 ml chicken stock
- 2 ounces small soup pasta or 2 ounces spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 sprig fresh coriander (to garnish)
- Trim the spring onions and thinly slice.
- Peel the garlic and finely chop.
- Cut off the top from the chilli, slit down the side and remove seeds and membrane, then finely chop.
- Heat a large wok, add the oil and when hot, add the spring onions, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Stir in the turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- Blend the coconut milk with the chicken stock until smooth, the pour into the wok.
- Add the pasta or spaghetti with the lemon slices and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, half-covered, for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lemon slices and add the chicken.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.
- Stir in the chopped coriander and ladle into heated bowls.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh coriander and serve immediately.
This was very good. I followed the recipe as written. I think next time I would experiment with some heat, and maybe throw in some hot pepper sauce. Small pasta shells worked perfectly. Made for Fall PAC 2012. Thanks for posting!