oh so delish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chile
- 6 ounces cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 900 ml chicken stock
- 2 ounces small soup pasta or 2 ounces spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 sprig fresh coriander (to garnish)
- 1Trim the spring onions and thinly slice.
- 2Peel the garlic and finely chop.
- 3Cut off the top from the chilli, slit down the side and remove seeds and membrane, then finely chop.
- 4Heat a large wok, add the oil and when hot, add the spring onions, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- 5Stir in the turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Blend the coconut milk with the chicken stock until smooth, the pour into the wok.
- 7Add the pasta or spaghetti with the lemon slices and bring to the boil.
- 8Simmer, half-covered, for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 9Remove the lemon slices and add the chicken.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.
- 11Stir in the chopped coriander and ladle into heated bowls.
- 12Garnish with sprigs of fresh coriander and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Caribbean Chicken & Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.1
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.7 mg
- Sodium 374.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 20.6 g