Recipe by VegSocialWorker
From the October 2008 issue of Vegetarian Times.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Pretty much followed this recipe, although I did include a double measure of the rice as well as an additional 1/3 cup of dark raisins! VERY, VERY TASTY PUDDING & well-worth making again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegan groupmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap #6]
- 5 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup basmati rice or 1⁄3 cup jasmine rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds, plus more
- chopped almonds, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 drops rose water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring soymilk, rice and salt to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. stirring frequently.
- Stir in brown sugar, raisins, almonds, vanilla, cinnamon, and cardamom. Cook 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and divide umong 6 bowls. Serve warm or cold, garnished with chopped almonds and sprinkled with rose water, if desired.