Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the October 2008 issue of Vegetarian Times.
Make and share this Creamy Cardamom Rice Pudding (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup basmati rice or 1⁄3 cup jasmine rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds, plus more
- chopped almonds, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 drops rose water (optional)
- Bring soymilk, rice and salt to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. stirring frequently.
- Stir in brown sugar, raisins, almonds, vanilla, cinnamon, and cardamom. Cook 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and divide umong 6 bowls. Serve warm or cold, garnished with chopped almonds and sprinkled with rose water, if desired.
Pretty much followed this recipe, although I did include a double measure of the rice as well as an additional 1/3 cup of dark raisins! VERY, VERY TASTY PUDDING & well-worth making again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegan groupmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap #6]
OK I didn`t make ours vegan! I used 4 cups rice milk because I was making for my FIL who is on dialysis and can`t have soy. I did use raisins and he isn`t to have them either so I just removed them from his. Skipped the almonds for him, but I would have liked them. Made in a crock cooking as a porridge for 60 minutes. I also added one whisked egg to give it a more of a thicker feel. Very tasty liked the cardamom! Thanks