Recipe by nnreq
This is a recipe that me and my husband make every christmas and give these away as gifts. Everybody now eagerly awaits their caramels.
Top Review by palm715
Just made two batches for Christmas gifts. I sprinkled sea salt on the caramels after pouring and before cutting. So good! I also wrapped in parchment paper because it seems to stay wrapped better. A new holiday tradition!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Blend in corn syrup and milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat to 245 degrees on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into greased 9 inch square pan.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Cut into small squares and wrap in waxed paper.