Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Drizzle some of this delicious sauce over your ice cream for a quick special treat. Try it on Warm Apple Cake (Optional - With Creamy Caramel Sauce) or even pancakes and waffles! This is from the Gooseberry Patch. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, cold
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine brown sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan. Gradually add water; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook for one to 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
This came together so fast and tasted glorious !! I served this over apple cake - wonderful together !!
Made this for a gift for my friend who loves caramel sauce, and again for a Saturday evening family treat over ice cream. Easy and quick to make. Made for PRMR 2009. We made this again for ice cream and I took a picture.