Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This recipe goes perfectly with the Chocollate chip banana bread pudding recipe I have posted. But,of course,you may use this lovely rich sauce for other desserts! I hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by Comestible Queen
I made this meaning to keep it on-hand for future desserts. It was SO yummy it barely lasted ONE DAY! We spent 24 hrs finding reasons to use this Caramel! Needless to say we gained a pound or two, but it was worth it! I will be making this again soon! (When I can wear my jeans again!) LOL Thank you for sharing this hit!
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cream and vanilla in measuring cup,then set aside.
- In a deep,heavy saucepan,combine corn syrup& sugar.
- Cooking over medium heat,with wooden spoon,keep stirring until sugar is uniformly moist.
- Continue cooking,stir on occasion until mix is color of strong tea-around 6 min's.
- Be carefully,as it can burn quickly!
- Immediatly remove from burner,and whisk in the butter-it will sputter.
- When butter melt completly,pour in cream.
- Whisk mixture unntil sugar is dissolved.
- Over low heat-stir constantly,cooking until sauce looks smooth& creamy.
- Pour hot sauce into heat proof container,as it cools it thickens.
- Warm up before serving.