1/2 Photos of Creamy Caramel Flan
A very popular dish in the Southwest. This is a quick to fix flan that can be prepared in the morning for a great treat after a hearty Tex-Mex dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In iron skillet, over medium heat, cook and Stir the sugar until it is melted and caramel color.
- 3Divide the sugar into 8 ungreased 6-oz custard cups.
- 4Tilt to coat the bottom of the cups.
- 5With a wire whisk, beat eggs in large bowl; stir in the water, milk, vanilla and salt.
- 6Pour the egg mixture into custard cups.
- 7Place the filled cups in a large shallow pan filled with 1 inch of hot water.
- 8Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near centers comes out clean.
- 9Cool and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Caramel Flan
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 136.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: