1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Recieved this from another on-line site and love that it's a little different from the other recipes on this site as it contains cream cheese making for a flan that the intro describes as a creamy cross between an egg custard and a cheesecake, both of which this family loves. While posting photos discovered that this recipe was the same as Cream Cheese Flan; I'm trying to notify CC but unable to at this time. Hope to have it corrected as soon as possible
My Private Note
10 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook sugar, stirring, until golden.
- 3Pour into a 10 inch round baking dish, tilting to coat bottom and sides. Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 5Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated.
- 6Beat in condensed and evaporated milk and vanilla until smooth.
- 7Pour into caramel coated pan.
- 8Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel.
- 9Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack.
- 10Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- 11Bake in preheated oven 50 to 60 minutes, until center is just set.
- 12Cool one hour on wire rack, then chill in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. To unmold, run a knife around edges of pan and invert on a rimmed serving platter.
- 13HINT: This came from one of the reviewers - Pouring the sugar syrup into the glass baking dish, and because the glass was cool, the sugar hardened almost immediately. So after spending 30 minutes chipping a rock-hard blob of sugar out of the bottom of the dish, tried it again. But this time, put the baking dish in a hot oven for about 5 minutes before adding the sugar. The hot dish kept the sugar liquified just long enough for to get an even coating.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Caramel Flan
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.4
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 178.0 mg
- Sodium 248.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 46.8 g
- Protein 12.7 g