Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful fruit dip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (regular or light)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream (regular or nonfat)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup cold milk (regular or nonfat)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix (regular or sugar-free)
- fresh fruit
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla, lemon juice, milk, and pudding mix, beating well after each addition.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve as a dip for fruit.
This dip is delish! I used all low fat items and it tastes great! So far, I have used apples, pears and grapes and they all taste terrific in this. I think it would be great to play around with a bit and use different flavour pudding mixes to see what you can come up with. So tasty! This is a terrific dish to use for a party as well. Made for ratherbeswimmin's win of the Football Pool, week 2. Thanks! :)
Great dip. about 45calories per tablespoon and doesn't even taste light. If you're running a little short on time, you can always mix a little longer once the pudding is added to thicken it up.
Delicious with a capital D. I also served with a few marshmallows, hubby really liked this dip and said it would be great as a topping on ice cream too. Thanks for posting.