Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
A very sweet caramel flavoured creamy, cheesecake styled dessert which is very easy to make. I made this recipe up and would like your opinions on it. Not one for the calorie counters. Very sweet, small portions suffice.
- 225 g crushed digestive biscuits
- 50 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 400 g condensed milk
- 600 ml double cream
- Line the base and sides of an 8inch loose based cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the Vanilla Essence. Add the Crushed Digestive Biscuits and stir to combine all the ingredients. Pour this mixture into the cake tin and press down to firm (I use a flat bottomed jar). Cool, then chill in the refrigerator.
- Put the Condensed Milk on a trivet in a pot. Cover the Can with boiling water and boil for 3 hours. Make sure the Can remains covered, adding boiling water if necessary. Remove from the pot and cool slightly.
- In a heavy based saucepan, pour in the Double Cream and empty in the boiled Condensed Milk. Over a very low heat, stir gently to combine the Milk and Cream until you have a smooth mixture. Do not allow it to boil, remove from the heat if this looks likely.
- Once you have a smooth mixture, increase the heat and continue stirring gently until it boils. Simmer for a few minutes, stirring gently, then pour into a large bowl. Allow to cool, then chill.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk until the mixture has doubled in size( this can take up to 10 minutes). Pour this mixture onto the Biscuit base and smooth, then chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to firm.
- Remove from the cake tin and serve in slices.