Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Coffee and orange flavored fudge.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- orange strip (to garnish)
- Line 13×9-inch pan with foil, leaving 1-inch overhang on sides. Lightly butter foil.
- Dissolve coffee granules in hot water.
- Lightly butter large microwavable bowl. Combine sugar, sour cream, butter and coffee mixture in prepared bowl. Microwave at HIGH 5 to 6 minutes or until boiling, stirring after 2-1/2 and 5 minutes.
- After sugar mixture comes to a full rolling boil, microwave at HIGH 5 to 6 minutes more until mixture reaches soft-ball stage (234°F) on instant-read or candy thermometer, stirring after 3 minutes. (Do not microwave mixture with thermometer.)
- Add vanilla chips, marshmallow creme and grated orange peel; stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan; smooth evenly into corners. Score into 70 squares by cutting 7 sections lengthwise and 10 sections crosswise halfway through fudge with sharp knife while fudge is still warm.
- Let stand until firm. Remove from pan by lifting fudge and foil using foil handles. Place on cutting board; cut along score lines into squares. Remove foil. Garnish, if desired. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
I tasted this fudge at a party a few days ago. The hostess used this recipe, and it was some of the most delicious fudge I've ever tasted!