Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Richard suggested I name this Creamy Camp Stew because I cooked it in his dutch oven, and it could be made at a camp site. I pulled this idea from many sources and tried it out. The results left an empty pot. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. The cook time is a guesstamate, it may have taken a little less, it was suprisingly quick...
- 1 -2 lb link sausage
- 5 medium potatoes
- 3 celery ribs
- 15 -20 baby carrots
- 3 green onions
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can kernel corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder, season all (to taste)
- Chop all veggies.
- Cut sausage into coins and brown in dutch oven.
- remove to paper towels and set aside.
- Dump veggies into pot, drain and add corn.
- pour chicken broth over top and add 2 T butter.
- Season with all seasonings to taste.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Meanwhile slice sausage into quarters.
- When veggies are tender add milk, sausage the last Tablespoon of butter and 3-4 T flour to thicken.
- stir often and turn heat up a smidge if needed to help thicken the stew a little faster (stir often because the milk could burn to the bottom).
- Re-season if desired.
- Heat throughand serve with some sweet cornbread.