Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Richard suggested I name this Creamy Camp Stew because I cooked it in his dutch oven, and it could be made at a camp site. I pulled this idea from many sources and tried it out. The results left an empty pot. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. The cook time is a guesstamate, it may have taken a little less, it was suprisingly quick...
- Chop all veggies.
- Cut sausage into coins and brown in dutch oven.
- remove to paper towels and set aside.
- Dump veggies into pot, drain and add corn.
- pour chicken broth over top and add 2 T butter.
- Season with all seasonings to taste.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Meanwhile slice sausage into quarters.
- When veggies are tender add milk, sausage the last Tablespoon of butter and 3-4 T flour to thicken.
- stir often and turn heat up a smidge if needed to help thicken the stew a little faster (stir often because the milk could burn to the bottom).
- Re-season if desired.
- Heat throughand serve with some sweet cornbread.