Richard suggested I name this Creamy Camp Stew because I cooked it in his dutch oven, and it could be made at a camp site. I pulled this idea from many sources and tried it out. The results left an empty pot. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. The cook time is a guesstamate, it may have taken a little less, it was suprisingly quick...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop all veggies.
- 2Cut sausage into coins and brown in dutch oven.
- 3remove to paper towels and set aside.
- 4Dump veggies into pot, drain and add corn.
- 5pour chicken broth over top and add 2 T butter.
- 6Season with all seasonings to taste.
- 7Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- 8Meanwhile slice sausage into quarters.
- 9When veggies are tender add milk, sausage the last Tablespoon of butter and 3-4 T flour to thicken.
- 10stir often and turn heat up a smidge if needed to help thicken the stew a little faster (stir often because the milk could burn to the bottom).
- 11Re-season if desired.
- 12Heat throughand serve with some sweet cornbread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Camp Stew
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.6
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.4 mg
- Sodium 912.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 21.6 g