Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes a great filling for jelly roll cakes used along with a thin layer of raspberry jam or even as filling for cakes, it also freezes very well.
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plain Crisco shortening
- 4 -5 cups icing sugar (more or less)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, unwhipped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy duty stand mixer fitted with the paddle, cream the margarine or butter and the shortening for 3-4 minutes, until very soft and creamy.
- Add in the icing sugar, starting with 1 cup; beat until smooth.
- Add in whipping cream and vanilla; beat until very smooth and fluffy, adding more icing sugar to achieve the desired texture; beat for 4-5 minutes.
- Use as a filling for cakes, and also fantastic as a filling for jelly roll cakes.