Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family loves this soup. As I cook it, the house is filled with the smell of garlic and herbs, which already makes you look forward to the result.
- 25 g butter
- 100 g onions
- 1 garlic clove (add more if you like)
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 2 -3 zucchini
- 750 ml chicken broth (for vegetarians) or 750 ml vegetable broth (for vegetarians)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 175 ml cream
- Melt butter in a pan, add onions and garlic.
- Sauté for 5 minutes and then add potatoes.
- Take about 100g potatoes after 8-10 minutes and put aside.
- Add zucchini and cook for 3 minute.
- Meanwhile heat chicken broth, herbs and spice in a pot.
- Add vegetables from the pan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and leave to cook for 40 minutes.
- Fill in a blender and puree.
- Reheat the soup and add the cream.
- Do not boil!
- Serve in bowls decorated with the leftover potato cubes.
Awesome. I made a huge batch because the zucchini I had was the size of a billy-club. Upped all the spices - and at the last moment found out that I was out of basil. So I used oregano, and it is very tasty. This is the perfect thing for me tonight, by stomach is a little upset and this is so comforting!
Rich and creamy and easy to make. My guests raved and asked for the recipe! I couldn't find cayenne pepper so used Tabasco sauce instead.