Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
quick pasta dish with a nice sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped (green part only)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook garlic in butter in 12 inch skillet over med. heat 30 seconds.
- Stir in chicken and seasoning mix.
- Cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in green onions, cook 1 minute more.
- Add cream, increase heat to high and boil until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Combine chicken mixture, pasta and parsley in serving bowl.
- Pass the Parmesan.
Really QUITE delicious, and the servings are very generous. I doubled this, & it made enough to feed six with leftovers for a few days (and, btw, leftovers are WONDERFUL). Fresh parsley is a great contrasting little zing with the richness of the creamy sauce. My only suggestion would be to perhaps heat the cream just a smidge before mixing in with the seasonings, to make it a little easier to bring to boil. Definitely one of the new favorites at my house! Thank you for sharing.