Recipe by Chef Mom 5
Two recipes from food.com combined into one. (Original version of the Cajun Chicken was delicious, but it was not low fat) Our children don't care for the sun-dried tomatoes, so I normally omit those, although they do add nice color to the dish.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 6 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
Directions See How It's Made
- Put skim milk, cottage cheese, cornstarch, pepper, parmesan cheese and minced garlic in food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Pour into saucepan and add basil. Cook over medium heat until it starts to thicken.
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in olive oil until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add green onion, tomatoes, basil and 1/4 teaspoons black pepper. Saute briefly.
- Add Alfredo sauce and mix together. Cook on low 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve over cooked linguine.