This is my own, tweaked version of Lorac's Cajun Chicken Pasta.
Make and share this Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 8 ounces linguine
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning (store-bought or my Cajun Seasoning Mix)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream or 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese or 2⁄3 cup store bought pre-grated parmesan cheese
- Place chopped chicken and cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss until evenly coated.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sautée chicken in butter until tender. (Make sure chicken is 'flaky' all the way through).
- Reduce heat and add heavy cream, green onion, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, and half of the parmesan cheese. Bring heat back to medium to a slight simmer and heat through until sauce begins to thicken.
- Gently mix in cooked pasta and stir in remaining parmesan cheese. Alternatively you can pour the mixture over plated noodles.
- Let your body melt in heavenly goodness.