Recipe by Lorac
N'awlin's style of chicken with an updated Alfredo sauce.
Top Review by Shae
FANTABULOUS!!!! This dish was sooooo good I have to give a play-by-play. I added 1 lb of halfed whole white button mushrooms. For the sundried tomatoe I went to my freezer and grabbed a few of Mirj's "Oven-dried tomatoes" (which I have freezer bags full of) instead. The only other thing that I used that was a first for me was the cajun seasoning. Ironically, I had just purchased Pampered Chef's Cajun Seasoning. I doubt this had anything to do with it, but I have never used a pre-mixed cajun seasoning before. I layed a bed of pasta on a platter and poured the sauce over it all and served it "family style." We could have NEVER guessed what we were about to experience. Honestly, with the exception of a straight-out alfredo, this is the best pasta sauce I have ever had. The flavors just dance around in your mouth, not too overpowering, but they let you know they are there. The entire meal my husband and I were scheming up different ways to make this recipe and we both agreed that we would like to try it with shrimp and also do just a veggie-version with lots of mushrooms, yellow/red/orange peppers, etc. We are no food critics...but to us...this dish IS restaurant quality and is earning a spot in the front of the pasta section of my cookbook!!! Thanks, Lorac, for this OUTSTANDING recipe!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (your recipe, Cajun Seasoning Mix or store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
- Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.