N'awlin's style of chicken with an updated Alfredo sauce.
Make and share this Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (your recipe, Cajun Seasoning Mix or store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1 -2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
- Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.
FANTABULOUS!!!! This dish was sooooo good I have to give a play-by-play. I added 1 lb of halfed whole white button mushrooms. For the sundried tomatoe I went to my freezer and grabbed a few of Mirj's "Oven-dried tomatoes" (which I have freezer bags full of) instead. The only other thing that I used that was a first for me was the cajun seasoning. Ironically, I had just purchased Pampered Chef's Cajun Seasoning. I doubt this had anything to do with it, but I have never used a pre-mixed cajun seasoning before. I layed a bed of pasta on a platter and poured the sauce over it all and served it "family style." We could have NEVER guessed what we were about to experience. Honestly, with the exception of a straight-out alfredo, this is the best pasta sauce I have ever had. The flavors just dance around in your mouth, not too overpowering, but they let you know they are there. The entire meal my husband and I were scheming up different ways to make this recipe and we both agreed that we would like to try it with shrimp and also do just a veggie-version with lots of mushrooms, yellow/red/orange peppers, etc. We are no food critics...but to us...this dish IS restaurant quality and is earning a spot in the front of the pasta section of my cookbook!!! Thanks, Lorac, for this OUTSTANDING recipe!
Scrumpdillyumptious!!! We love alfredo but this spicier version was so good, our eyes were rolling in the back of our heads. I made no addtions or substitutions and your recipe as written is perfect for our tastes. The sauce was so rich and creamy. I agree with Shae, that we might try it with shrimp next time. Thanks Lorac, for a true delight.
This deserves 10 stars!!I just couldnt keep my hands outta the pot!This was soo creamty and the taste was outta this world:)Dinner was not only outragesouly good but it it was outragesouly easy to make!!Something so easy and tasty will definatly be seen on my table several times a month!!!I pretty much stuck to your recipe, I did add about a tablespoon or so of flour to the browned chicken and butter and I used about a cup of heavy whipping cream and a 1/2 cup milk.Like I said before outrageous!!!Thanks for sharing!!