Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just recently made up this recipe because I wanted something spicy and low in fat to serve over pasta. It is very quick to make and pretty cheap too. You could use full fat ingredients if you like.
- 100 g dry pasta, your choice
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, more if needed
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Dice chicken and remove all fat.
- Spray a small frypan with non stick spray and cook chicken until brown.
- Add cajun spice and cook for a couple minutes. You could also add the spice at the beginning of cooking the chicken.
- Add the cream and cornflour and stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve over cooked pasta and garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Very good but definitely needed something more. I Baked my chicken for more flavor and added diced tomatoes.
I added peas, corn and cilantro just to "jazz" it up a bit. But it would have been just as great without.
I made this last night and with a few additions to make it a hearty evening meal. I sprayed 3 small-medium sized chicken breasts w/Pam spray, sprinkled Old Bay Seasoning on both sides (coating well) and the drizzled with olive oil. I baked in the oven for 45 minutes. Then, I cut the chicken into pieces while cooking the pasta. In a small saucepan I added the cream, one 14.5 oz can of diced Italian style tomatoes and the regular flour to thicken it a bit. I added the chicken to heat in the sauce and then tossed with pasta. Excellent! I basically changed how I cooked the chicken and added diced tomatoes. It made a wonderful meal.