Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have prepared this mix and found it to be quite good. Of course, not as good as an original cafe au lait, but that isn't always possible. This would make a nice gift with a pretty mug and some cookies.
- 1 (6 ounce) jar non-dairy coffee creamer
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup instant decaffeinated coffee
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Be sure to include these instructions with the gift: To make one serving, mix 1/4 cup of mix with 2/3 cup boiling water in mug.
- Stir until well blended.
I scaled this down to make one for myself and found it tasted bitter, rather than sweet as I expected- but maybe something was changed by scaling it back? I might try it again with the whipped cream the last reviewer used to mellow out the taste a bit. It wasn't bad, just didn't suit my tastebuds. Thanks anyway!
I have tried several mixes and never happy with the results. This is so good, I followed your directions and then topped it with whipped cream. My picky husband tasted it and decided he wanted one. Thank you for sharing. This one is a keeper. I will be making it weekly.