Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
No anchovies, but very good!
- 1 lemon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Juice lemon to measure 2 Tablespoons juice; place in small bowl. Add mustard, worcestershire sauce, garlic and black pepper; whisk until blended. Add mayonnaise; whisk until smooth.
- While continually whisking, add oil to mayonnaise in a thin, steady stream. Continue whisking until blended; stir in parmesan cheese. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve. Store dressing covered in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
I've been making my own salad dressing since 1976 and always used the vinaigrette style then I found this one. the best ever
Only use vegetable oil, not olive. It will give your dressing a funky taste. Also, I double the garlic and add Tabasco sauce.
We loved this recipe and will save it to make in the future. The key is to use high quality olive oil and stream very slowly as you wisk; also use real parm reggiano. Thank you!