Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy, delicious soup which is kind to your budget. This recipe is just a guide, I often use a whole cabbage, two onions and two carrots. The onion, carrot, cabbage and potato can be shredded in a food processor. Be careful not to add too much liquid when simmering as the cabbage releases a lot of liquid when blended. The soup freezes well. It was inspired by Creamy Zucchini Soup
- 28.39 ml butter or 28.39 ml oil
- 236.59 ml onion, sliced
- 236.59 ml potato, diced
- 1892.72 ml shredded cabbage
- 118.29 ml shredded carrot
- 946.0 ml chicken or 946.0 ml vegetable broth
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- curry powder (optional)
- 236.59 ml skim milk powder
- 1. In a large pot sauté onion and carrots in butter or oil until the onion is clear.
- 2. Add potatoes, cabbage, broth, pepper, garlic powder and (optional) curry powder.
- 3. Bring to a simmer.
- 4. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 5. Remove from stove and add the milk powder.
- 6. Puree in a blender or food processor or with a stick blender.