This is an easy, delicious soup which is kind to your budget. This recipe is just a guide, I often use a whole cabbage, two onions and two carrots. The onion, carrot, cabbage and potato can be shredded in a food processor. Be careful not to add too much liquid when simmering as the cabbage releases a lot of liquid when blended. The soup freezes well. It was inspired by Creamy Zucchini Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. In a large pot sauté onion and carrots in butter or oil until the onion is clear.
- 22. Add potatoes, cabbage, broth, pepper, garlic powder and (optional) curry powder.
- 33. Bring to a simmer.
- 44. Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 55. Remove from stove and add the milk powder.
- 66. Puree in a blender or food processor or with a stick blender.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 115.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: