Recipe by Tugar357
Found this in one of those supermarket books. Not sure who the author is but we found this very delicious. Simple ingredients and great for a cold day.
- 1 lb pork, cubed
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet brown the cubed pork.
- To the crock pot, add the undiluted soup, apple juice, potatoes, carrots, caraway seeds, and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours. If using the stove, use a dutch oven on medium for an hour.
- Add the milk and cabbage. Cook for 2 1/2 hours longer in the crock pot. About 35 minutes on the stove top. Careful not to burn the milk on the stove.
- Re-season to taste. We found it need some extra salt but we like our salt.