1/3 Photos of Creamy Cabbage Casserole
GT in SA's Note:
Yet another way to eat cabbage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 cups cabbage (chopped or shredded)
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons white onion soup mix or 2 tablespoons cream of chicken soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1Pre-heat oven to 220 celsius.
- 2In a saucepan, fry cabbage and garlic in vegetable oil over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add potato and water to saucepan, turn down heat to medium and cook with lid on until potato is cooked.
- 4Turn heat to low and add lemon juice and sour cream.
- 5Lightly mash contents of saucepan with potato masher.
- 6Mix cornflour and milk and add to saucepan while stirring constantly to thicken the cabbage mix.
- 7Season with salt & pepper, transfer to ovenproof dish and bake in oven until desired browning.
- 8Alternatively, place under hot grill to achieve browning.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cabbage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.1
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 290.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g