1/1 Photo of Creamy Cabbage and Potato Soup
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
Velveeta cheese gives this cabbage and potato soup the creamy consistency. Throw in a little cayenne if you like things spicy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray soup pot with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- 2Add the potatoes and 3c water; bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- 3Add shredded cabbage and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- 4Whisk the water, flour and skim milk together and add to to soup.
- 5Add cubed cheese and stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cabbage and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.0
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 651.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 13.2 g