Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Velveeta cheese gives this cabbage and potato soup the creamy consistency. Throw in a little cayenne if you like things spicy!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 small russet potatoes, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed small
- salt, to taste (optional)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Spray soup pot with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and 3c water; bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add shredded cabbage and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Whisk the water, flour and skim milk together and add to to soup.
- Add cubed cheese and stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nice and thick soup. It's very tasty and filling; definitely tastes more fattening than it is. I made this just as written and did add the cayenne pepper as mentioned in the intro. Loved it. Thanx!