Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from my Eat Well Stay Well cookbook. They recommend using Savoy cabbage. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m typing it up for ZWT II. 4 servings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 8 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup fresh dill, snipped
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- In a big soup pot, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 7 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the carrots and sauté for 5 minutes or until the carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the cabbage, cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted.
- Add the broth, 2 ½ cups water, dill, tomato paste, ginger, salt and pepper. Bing to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the cabbage is very tender. Stir the sour cream into the soup.
Not great. Texture was all wrong and it needed serious doctoring with other spices. It has some potential, but needs work.