Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A rich, butery, hearty soup.
- 1 butternut squash or 1 buttercup squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth (or Chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, pieces
- In a large saucepan combine squash and vegetable broth. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and simmer about 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Mash squash chunks with a potato masher. Stir in butter, salt, pepper, and brown sugar until butter melts.
- Stir in sour cream and cheese; heat through.
- Sprinkle each serving with bacon pieces.