Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This tastes like one of those pre-boxed Campbell's chicken dinners but is much better, fresher, and less expensive in the long run. I love comfort food like this. It's awesome.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1.5-2 lbs.)
- 2 cups crushed butter flavored crackers (like Club crackers)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine crushed crackers and butter.
- Spread HALF of the cracker mixture evenly over a 9"X13" baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in the baking dish over the mixture.
- Combine water, sour cream and soup and pour the mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Top with remaining cracker mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until no pink remains in the chicken.
This was a very simple recipe to make. I used 4 chicken breasts and kept everything else the same. Next time I will add some garlic powder and maybe some parsley to give it a little bit more color. Thanks for posting.
I made this for our dinner on April 16th 2010. Since I only used 4 chicken breasts the recipe was made as written except for cutting the sour cream back to around 1/2 cup. The baking time was " right on the money " :). Even though we enjoyed this recipe very much, the next time I make this some garlic powder will be added for an extra punch. This was served with Recipe#243562 and Recipe#365667 which made for a very good " comfort meal ". Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
We loved it! I used just 3 breasts instead which was perfect for us. It was easy and tasty... my favorite combination!