Recipe by Zanna_409104061
This tastes like one of those pre-boxed Campbell's chicken dinners but is much better, fresher, and less expensive in the long run. I love comfort food like this. It's awesome.
Top Review by Shari2
This was a very simple recipe to make. I used 4 chicken breasts and kept everything else the same. Next time I will add some garlic powder and maybe some parsley to give it a little bit more color. Thanks for posting.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1.5-2 lbs.)
- 2 cups crushed butter flavored crackers (like Club crackers)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine crushed crackers and butter.
- Spread HALF of the cracker mixture evenly over a 9"X13" baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in the baking dish over the mixture.
- Combine water, sour cream and soup and pour the mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Top with remaining cracker mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until no pink remains in the chicken.