Creamy Butternut Squash Soup ( Paula Deen )
- 2 lbs butternut squash, halved, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 (13 1/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- sour cream
- In a medium saucepan combine squash, onions, carrots,broth, and salt. Simmer, uncovered, until squash is very tender, about 40 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor with the butter. Whisk cream into soup. Serve in wide, shallow bowls with a dollop of sour cream if desired.