Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A blend of various recipes that I have found for squash soup.
- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce to personal taste.
- Dice up the squash and mix with the carrots, onions, broth and salt.
- Add pepper here if desired.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 to 40 minutes till all is tender.
- Next blend to a smooth cream.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and cream to taste. Thats it! Simple and good. Geo.
I love squash but did not love this. You definitely need to add the worchestershire and sour cream to give it some oomph. FWIW I was leary about making squash into soup in the first place so maybe I'm not the best judge of this
Simple easy delicious soup. What more can I say? I ued some no fat yogurt instead of sour cream (apprx 1/2 cup) & 2 tsp worchestershire sauce. Lovely cold day soup thanls Geo315