Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Each serving is 1 1/2 cups. Can all add a swirl of sour cream just before serving. Could also use vegetable broth for a vegetarian version.
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked Minute Rice
- ground nutmeg, dash
- 14 1⁄2 ounces milk
- Mix celery, onions and carrot in a large pot with 1 can of chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes until tender.
- Add butternut squash, rice, dash of ground nutmeg, the second can of broth and 2 soup cans of water.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Puree mictures in batches in blender.
- REturn to pot and stir in 1 soup can of milk.
- Cook on low heat until heated through.