Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very rich! It definitely serves four as you just can't eat huge amounts of it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 700 g butternut squash, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 175 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 300 g penne pasta
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- Heat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Put the oil and butter in a roasting tin and heat in the oven. Once heated add the squash and toss; add the rosemary and seasoning. Roast for 25 minutes then add the mushrooms and roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Put the roasting tin on the hob. and stir in the cheese. Allow to sit and warm gently while you cook the pasta according to the packet.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and eat.
This meal was delicious! I have a vegetarian daughter who is very hard to cook for - not a great tofu fan - and she loves this (I'm not sure if the preparation time mentioned is so accurate; definitely more than 10 mins). Very easy to make, ingredients (other than the mascarpone cheese)not too expensive. And it does go a long way... I made a full quantity (for just the two of us), we both loved the leftovers!