Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. The classic flavors of a cheeseburger is a delicious, creamy soup.
- 3 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes Rosemary & Garlic Red Potato Wedges
- 32 ounces chicken broth, divided
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, thinly sliced (whites and greens)
- Place the Simply Potatoes Rosemary and Garlic Potato Wedges and all but 1/4 cup chicken broth into a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the beef and remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth in a non-stick skillet. Over medium heat, cook the meat, being sure to break the meat into small crumbles as it cooks. Cook for approximately 5-7 minutes or until cook through.
- Working in two batches, puree the broth and potatoes in a blender fitted with a top vent. Puree for one minute until smooth.
- Combine the potato puree and cooked meat. Stir in all but 1/2 cup of the shredded colby cheese.
- Ladle the soup into 4 bowls. Top with the remaining shredded cheese and scallions.