Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Excellent as a dip for chips, fried shrimp, chicken tenders, jo-jos, you name it! My husband came up with this one night when I was craving spicy sauce.
- 1 large onion, minced
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce, to taste (Frank's, Tapatio, etc)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Finely mince the onion (a food processor works great) and the garlic cloves.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or skillet and sauté the onions and garlic until they're soft, just beginning to brown, and the butter begins to separate from the veggies.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the sour cream and stir well.
- Place cooked mixture in a bowl and add sour cream.
- Stir well and place in serving bowl.
- Makes about 3 cups dip.