Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Your chicken, your hotness and your bleu cheese dip all in one creamy concoction atop your favorite pasta.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 -2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- hot sauce
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- pasta, of your choice
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size pieces and sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken until cooked. Add hot sauce to your liking. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Saute vegetables.
- Combine mayo, dressing and milk. Add to skillet.
- Add chicken and heat through.
- Serve with pasta of your choice.
I thought this was great, but the boys weren't as sold on the recipe. It'll definitely have to be something I make when they're not around. I think bleu cheese crumbles would add a lot to this recipe. I took it to work for lunch, and it was as good cold as it was warm. I think the buffalo wing flavor was a little more pronounced in the cold version, which isn't a bad thing as far as I'm concerned. Thanks!
This one will go into my cold weather/comfort food day cookbook. Everyone in the family enjoyed it. Served it over egg noodles - nice match up; with a green salad along side. Those that like Blue Cheese thought some fresh blue cheese served crumbled over top would be a nice touch and others would have like a bit more of a bite with added hot sauce. Another suggestion was a bit of broccoli added to the veggies. I think next time I'll have a variety of add on's to serve with the meal. **April21, 2008 - was a cold snowy day here today and so perfect to revisit this recipe. I made exactly the same only this time used 2 tsps of SMOKED paprika instead of just regular. Add to that a sprinkling of cayenne pepper on top and it really added a wonderful flavour to this dish.