Recipe by JAG0913
A great mixture of brussels sprouts, bacon & shallots.
Top Review by Annacia
Scrumptious sprouts. They made a perfect side to the Easter ham. The sprouts were tender without becoming mushy and had great flavor. Excellent ingredient pairings. This might well convert Brussels sprout haters to fans. Made for PAC, Spring 2014.
- 2 ounces prosciutto, sliced into strips (i used 6 pieces of bacon cut into tiny pieces)
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed, halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil for the brussels sprouts.
- Saute prosciutto in a skillet coated with nonstick spray until crispy.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Boil sprouts until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in the skillet used to saute prosciutto.
- Add shallots, cook 2 minutes, then stir in sprouts.
- Stir in cream, simmer 2-3 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with prosciutto before serving.