Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Brussels sprout comfort food. :)
Make and share this Creamy Brussels Sprouts Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g frozen Brussels sprouts (or fresh Brussels sprouts)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 118.29 ml chopped white onion
- 14.79 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sliced mushrooms
- 118.29 ml half-and-half cream
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 78.07 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 78.07 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml soft breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If there are very large sprouts, cut them in half lengthwise. Cook frozen sprouts according to package
- directions; drain. (If using fresh, cook them until fork-tender; drain). Place drained sprouts in a lightly greased or sprayed shallow casserole dish.
- In a small saucepan, over med heat, melt 1 tbsp butter and saute the onion in the butter about 2 minutes. Stir in flour until smooth. Add sliced mushrooms.
- Add cream, milk, salt, pepper, thyme and paprika and stir until heated.
- Reduce heat to med-low and stir in the cheeses. Stir frequently until cheeses are melted. Pour this over brussels sprouts in the casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp melted butter and breadcrumbs; sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly on top.
These were good. My kids actually ate them without complaining :) I followed the recipe as written.
i dont eat brussel sprouts but my family enjoyed this very much