Creamy Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If there are very large sprouts, cut them in half lengthwise. Cook frozen sprouts according to package
- directions; drain. (If using fresh, cook them until fork-tender; drain). Place drained sprouts in a lightly greased or sprayed shallow casserole dish.
- In a small saucepan, over med heat, melt 1 tbsp butter and saute the onion in the butter about 2 minutes. Stir in flour until smooth. Add sliced mushrooms.
- Add cream, milk, salt, pepper, thyme and paprika and stir until heated.
- Reduce heat to med-low and stir in the cheeses. Stir frequently until cheeses are melted. Pour this over brussels sprouts in the casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp melted butter and breadcrumbs; sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly on top.