1/1 Photo of Creamy Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Brussels sprout comfort food. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen Brussels sprouts (or fresh Brussels sprouts)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2If there are very large sprouts, cut them in half lengthwise. Cook frozen sprouts according to package
- 3directions; drain. (If using fresh, cook them until fork-tender; drain). Place drained sprouts in a lightly greased or sprayed shallow casserole dish.
- 4In a small saucepan, over med heat, melt 1 tbsp butter and saute the onion in the butter about 2 minutes. Stir in flour until smooth. Add sliced mushrooms.
- 5Add cream, milk, salt, pepper, thyme and paprika and stir until heated.
- 6Reduce heat to med-low and stir in the cheeses. Stir frequently until cheeses are melted. Pour this over brussels sprouts in the casserole dish.
- 7In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp melted butter and breadcrumbs; sprinkle evenly over top.
- 8Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 320.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 11.9 g