This Christmas side dish recipe is a crowd-pleaser, proving that everything is better with crisp peppered bacon and thick whipping cream, from Better Homes & Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 12" skillet cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- 2In same skillet add Brussels sprouts to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat 4 minutes.
- 3Add broth, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated.
- 4Add cream. Cook 4 minutes more or until thickened.
- 5Transfer sprouts to serving dish. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and cracked pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 280.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g