Recipe by Splash035
I made this for the first time for a Chrismas pot luck party. It was such a hit that I made it again for my New Year's Eve party.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
DH loved this bruschetta. We really enjoyed the cream cheese and parmesan base with the tanginess of the tomatoes. I made two changes -- I did not use the onion as I like the garlic to be the predominate flavor over onion. I had a large batch of grape tomatoes on hand that needed to be used up so I roasted them in the oven with some olive oil and S & P. They really added a great depth of flavor. This recipe can be adapted in many ways and is certainly a keeper. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.
- 6 clove garlic
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 loaf French bread
- 453.59 g package cream cheese
- 236.59 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 236.59 ml chopped tomato
- 14.79 ml sliced basil
- 59.14 ml minced white onion
- 7.39 ml minced fresh garlic
- 14.79-29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove peel from garlic and place on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap up garlic and roast in oven for about 30 minutes, or until soft.
- In a medium bowl, toss tomatoes, basil, onion, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and chill.
- Remove roasted garlic from the oven.
- Combine garlic with the cream cheese until smooth.
- Slice bread, 1/2-inch thick, on the bias.
- Toast the bread in the oven slightly and set aside.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on the toast and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven to warm the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and top with tomatoes mixture and serve.