Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this for the first time for a Chrismas pot luck party. It was such a hit that I made it again for my New Year's Eve party.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 (16 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon sliced basil
- 1⁄4 cup minced white onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove peel from garlic and place on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap up garlic and roast in oven for about 30 minutes, or until soft.
- In a medium bowl, toss tomatoes, basil, onion, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and chill.
- Remove roasted garlic from the oven.
- Combine garlic with the cream cheese until smooth.
- Slice bread, 1/2-inch thick, on the bias.
- Toast the bread in the oven slightly and set aside.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on the toast and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven to warm the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and top with tomatoes mixture and serve.
DH loved this bruschetta. We really enjoyed the cream cheese and parmesan base with the tanginess of the tomatoes. I made two changes -- I did not use the onion as I like the garlic to be the predominate flavor over onion. I had a large batch of grape tomatoes on hand that needed to be used up so I roasted them in the oven with some olive oil and S & P. They really added a great depth of flavor. This recipe can be adapted in many ways and is certainly a keeper. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.