Recipe by MissJoy
Induction friendly. Quick and easy. From http://members.aol.com/Terranova0/diet.index.html. I added some sliced mushrooms and chopped chicken towards the end. Very good.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower, cooked until tender
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, cooked until slightly crisp
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- bacon bits, for garnish
- parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in bottom of a 1 qt sauce pan.
- Add cauliflower & mash well.
- Add ceam cheese & blend while stirring over med heat.
- When cream cheese has melted add milk then parmesan cheese.
- Let mixture simmer a moment then add broccoli; heat through.
- To thicken with an egg yolk: mix 3 TB of the hot soup into the egg yolk to temper it. Pour egg yolk mixture back into soup and stir well. Do not let mixture boil.
- When thickened remove from heat; garnish & serve.
- Makes 2 servings 5.5 carbs each.