Induction friendly. Quick and easy. From http://members.aol.com/Terranova0/diet.index.html. I added some sliced mushrooms and chopped chicken towards the end. Very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in bottom of a 1 qt sauce pan.
- 2Add cauliflower & mash well.
- 3Add ceam cheese & blend while stirring over med heat.
- 4When cream cheese has melted add milk then parmesan cheese.
- 5Let mixture simmer a moment then add broccoli; heat through.
- 6To thicken with an egg yolk: mix 3 TB of the hot soup into the egg yolk to temper it. Pour egg yolk mixture back into soup and stir well. Do not let mixture boil.
- 7When thickened remove from heat; garnish & serve.
- 8Makes 2 servings 5.5 carbs each.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.4
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 152.1 mg
- Sodium 252.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g