Recipe by Sandyg61
From Quick and Easy Recipes by Mark Bittman You can use leftover cooked broccoli -just only cook for a minute or two with the garlic.
Top Review by duonyte
This makes a very tasty basic soup, but it was too thin for my tastes, even though I used more than the indicated amount of broccoli. I think I would probably add a diced potato to it next time, to create a little more body. It is a soup that I think provides a nice basis for additions that would make it a very good soup indeed,
- 2 cups broccoli florets, and peeled stems cut into chunks (about 1/2 average head)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the broccoli and stock in a saucepan and simmer, covered, until broccoli is tender about 10 minutes.
- Duringthe last minute or so of cooking, add the garlic.
- Puree in a blender, in batches, until very smooth.
- Return soup to the pot and stir in the milk or cream an reheat gently. Do not boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.